Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

I Can't Believe it is November!!

Hello.

I can't believe it is November. I received my mission call on November 16th LAST YEAR. It is crazy that it seems like yesterday because I have done and learned so much this year.

After the storm
Last Monday we had quite the storm. After emailing we all had to go home and stay inside all night! Syster Hosenfeld and I decided to go out and brave the elements.. #yolo. So we went out and ran around in the class 3 storm! This is how I would describe it: Being in the ocean when the waves tumble you and you can't breathe. That is how strong it was. It would hit you and just knock the wind out of you. haha We wanted to go out by the ocean but we saw all of the flag poles swaying back and forth and thought it probably wasn't the best idea. The next morning no one was out, leaves, branches, and roof shingles were all over the road, and so many of the trees in the forest had fallen over. 
:( poor trees.
We had many miracles this week. We met five different people on the streets or tracting at the beginning of the week and we met with all of them! One of them is a lady named Jolanka who is older and is Christian. We met her on the bus and she invited us to come over the next day. We went over and it was pitch black outside at 5 pm and she threw her keys out the window for us to come up to her apartment and they got lost in all of the leaves from the storm. We were on our hands and knees digging through the leaves for about 5 minutes and then she had to come down and look with us with a flash light. We looked for 20 more minutes and Syster Hosenfeld and I were just PRAYING that we would find them and we did! 

We also met with a guy named Hossam that contacted us and then Hannie who we tracted into. They are all interested and want us to continue meeting with them. Another kid named Erik was at the bus stop and we started talking to him but our bus came so I literally threw a mormon.org card at him and told him to call us and he did! He is 15 and is actually from Russia but has lived here his whole life. On Saturday we met with him and he showed us around Halmstad and took us up 150 stairs to the top of a hill and we had fika (means "snack-break) and talked about the gospel. He believes a lot of the same things as us and has awesome standards- so we are excited to continue to meet with him!
Erik
I love our ward here in Halmstad. Have I already said that? They are so incredible. On Wednesday we had an activity and played games and we had so much fun. And every Friday we play Innebandi (floorball) with our ward, investigators, less actives and whoever else wants to come. Syster Hosenfeld and I are sooo bad but we have so much fun. Everyone takes it so seriously and we just look like idiots but its so hilarious. 
 For Halloween we didn't do much but on November 2 it was All Saints Day and this is where everyone puts candles on the graves- so we took Alice, a young woman in our ward to the top of the 150 stairs to visit a cemetery that was in the middle of a forest. It was beautiful but really creepy. The cemetery was for animals and it was SOOO dark. We only had a little flash light but it helped a lot and this is kinda cheesy but it really just hit me of how much we need light in our lives. When it was completely dark- even this small flash light made a huge difference. And I have felt even the smallest glimpse of Christ's light in my life when I seem to be wandering in darkness. The light is what guides us and comforts us.
HAHAHAA Look at Alice's face. Swedes don't smile.
This week I have been focusing on God's grace that comes through Christ. I have been reading the New Testament in Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, and Ephesians and the word GRACE has stuck out to me so strongly. I often question myself if I am doing all that I can to apply the gift of the atonement and God's grace to my life. In 2 Corinthians 12:9 it says 
"And he said unto me, My grace is SUFFICIENT for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 
His grace is sufficient for each of us. His mercy and love reaches to us at our lowest of lows. All that we need to do is take a hold of His hand that is already stretched out. I am so grateful for grace. For the gracious atonement that I am so needful of every day. I sometimes wish that I was perfect and that I didn't make dumb decisions or fail or struggle. But I love how it says "Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me." It is through our imperfections and our weaknesses that we become perfect. Not perfect as Christ was perfect, but perfect as in complete or whole. We become whole from failing and by trying again and by taking ahold of Christ's gracious atonement to heal us. I know I probably sound like a broken record with my letters about what I am learning, but that is because I have to learn these things again and again and again. Hopefully one day it will all stick. :)
I love you all. Thank you for your love. "Be perfect. Be of good comfort. Be of one mind. Live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you." - 2 Corinthians 13:11.

Love Adelide

Castle in Halmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment