Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013


My Branch at the MTC
Familj!
HOW ARE ALL OF YOU!? You sound great from the letters and I am stoked that you found a new house! Everyone's schedules got changed here at the MTC so that is why our p-day is on Tuesday now! Except for its my last p-day till I get to the field so I guess it's only different for this week. We head out to Sweden a week from today at 3 am! 
Our flight plans came! We leave May 7th!
 We heard through a lot of different sources that our visa's are here but we won't find out until Friday, so... hopefully it's TRUE! I just got back from the temple which was an amazing experience that I won't forget. I was eating breakfast and I turned around to see Gram smiling at me. I didn't know when I would get to see her and so it took me a little off guard and I jumped up and cried a little. I talked to gram and grandpa for a while which was so awesome and I am so grateful it worked out to see them. I felt like I was home.
I don't have a lot to say because I just wrote not too long ago but I will tell you about our last Sunday. The Young Woman President, Bonnie L. Oscarson came and spoke to us. She was 25 and her husband was 29 when they got called to be mission presidents in Sweden. They had four little kids and she told us of her scary and hard experience but also the most amazing journey she has been on. She said, "I am not saying that I have a favorite mission... but, could I have all those that are going to Sweden stand up?" So all of us got to stand up and then we got to meet her afterwards.
Also that night at our devotional, my district got to be ushers so we got to guide people to their seats and then sit at the front, and one of the sisters in my district said the closing prayer and then two of the missionaries in the other Sweden district did the musical number. So Sunday we were REPRESENTING! It was a lot of fun. At the devotional, Stephen B. Alley spoke and he focused mainly on Alma 26:27. He said there is a growing period in every new experience. The savior stands with open hands, so be joyous, even in your afflictions. He said, "Conform your will to His. Change your heart and do His will, not your will." I know I can be better at this along with many other things, but that is what I love about learning and growing... we get to keep trying, to start over when we need to, and keep working to perfect ourselves by constantly turning towards Christ. I am doing His will, and I love it.
Elder Lambson is Hilarious!
Me and Sister Young
 Random thought: Last night we heard this loud yelling so we looked outside our window and about 15 Tongans were doing the Hakka hahaha- what the? None of them had shirts on and they were all barefoot and had those skirt things on- It was hilarious. Well! We are getting all packed up and ready to go this next week! Can't wait to call home next Tuesday and hear your voices. Love you all. I am so grateful for everyone's support. I feel it everyday.
Me and Sister Randall
these elders are going to FINLAND!

Sister D is going to the Netherlands! (She is in our Branch)
XOXO
Adelide

No comments:

Post a Comment